Compass College of Cinematic Arts accepts applications from students who are eager to learn the process of filmmaking and who have a drive to implement the skills they develop. Admission takes place on a rolling basis until all cohort seats are filled. You are welcome to call and check on availability at any time.
We currently offer one start date in the fall of each year, but there is no sense in waiting to apply! If you are a high school senior or beyond, and filmmaking is your passion, it's never to early to submit your application for review. Applications are available for download now.
A complete application includes:
1. An application form completed by and signed by the student
2. Non-refundable $25 application fee
3. Official high school transcript
(with graduation date) or proof of completion of GED
4. College transcript(s) from previously attended colleges or universities
5. ACT or SAT test scores (CCCA's ACT code is 6098 and SAT code is 5933) (Waived if the student is over the age of 21)
6. Two essays (250+ words each)
7. Academic Recommendation Form
8. Character Recommendation Form
9. Portfolio of creative work related to film and non-film work
10. An in-person or phone interview with a CCCA Admissions Representative
When all admission requirements have been satisfied, applicants will receive a written notice of their program acceptance status. An admissions committee reviews applications, and the applicant is notified of his or her acceptance status within four weeks of the completion of application requirements. CCCA reserves the right to change the application minimums and requirements at any time.