Have questions about applying? Contact the Admissions Office at 616.988.1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to apply? Click here to apply online. Keep reading to learn more about application requirements and deadlines. Once you begin the application, you can save and continue at another time if necessary. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 616-988-1000 or email@example.com.
Paper applications are available upon request.
- An application form completed and signed by the student
- Non-refundable $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript (with graduation date) or proof of completion of GED
- College transcript(s) from previously attended colleges or universities
- ACT or SAT test scores (Compass College’s ACT code is 6098 and SAT code is 5933)
- (Waived if the student is over the age of 21)
- Two essays (250+ words each)
- Academic Recommendation Form
- Character Recommendation Form
- Portfolio of creative work related to film and non-film work
- Autobiographical Information (included in application form)
- An in-person or phone interview with a CCCA Admissions Representative
Once all of the requirements have been satisfied, applicants will receive notice of their admissions acceptance status within four weeks.
The Purpose of the portfolio is to allow the staff and faculty at Compass College to get a sense of who you are and where you are on your journey as an artist. It is meant to show us your creative and artistic talents and to share your experiences with us.
A complete portfolio should include the following:
- Minimum of two film-related items: This can include any films, scripts, treatments, documentaries, music videos, production sketches and/or storyboards, etc.
- A minimum of two non-film related, creative items: This can include photography, painting, sculpture, poetry, creative writing, music, or other creative venture.
Please include comments regarding the position you held in each project (i.e. writer, editor, actor, photographer, director, etc.).
Note: Please do not include original pieces of artwork, photography, etc. that you desire to have returned to you as we cannot be responsible for original materials. Instead of original pieces, we invite the applicant to submit film-related work via a link in the online application portal. Non-film related work (sculpture, paintings, etc.) may be photographed and the photographs submitted in place of the original item. Submitting pieces in this way will not affect the outcome of the admissions’ team decision.
The recommended submission format is through the online application site. However, you may e-mail or mail portfolio materials to the Admissions Office.
Please use .pdf or .jpeg formats and clearly title each document in the following format: lastname_firstname_nameofapplicationcomponent (i.e. Essays, Film Related, etc.).
You also may send us links to online video materials using Vimeo or YouTube. Be sure that the admissions team is able to access the link.